Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader for iPhone and Mac (iOS 16.2 or later)
Use Your Smart Card on iPhone
Already have your reader? See our setup guide.
TAA Compliant Reader
Orders usually ship within one business day.
Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader for iPhone and Mac is a powerful smart card reader and app, allowing for managing and enabling smart card use on iPhone. With Smart Card Utility, you can access CAC protected websites like MyPay, webmail, O365, Teams, and most other sites. Smart Card Utility has out-of-the-box support for almost every US Government smart card (PIV or PIV-transitional). This includes military and civilian CAC and Smart Cards.
Everything You Need For iPhone, or Mac
Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader for iPhone and Mac is a wired USB smart card reader that includes everything you need to connect it to your iPhone, or Mac (see OS Requirements). The reader has a USB-A connector and includes a USB-A to USB-C and a USB-A to Lightning adapter.
If you are looking for a great solution for your organization, and want the ability to use smart cards on iPhone and Mac, Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader is the ideal choice.
Smart Card Utility requires an iPhone running iOS 16 or iPadOS Beta 16 or later, or a Mac running macOS 10.14 or later. If you are unsure if your device supports this, see our knowledge base.
Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader for iPhone and Mac includes the Smart Card Utility app for iPhone, and Mac. The app makes it easy to view the certificates on your smart card, verify your PIN, change your PIN, and identify and troubleshoot smart card issues.
Amazing Support and Everything You Need
We provide everything you need to use your smart card / CAC with your iPhone or Mac. We have phone, email, and chat support so you know that our reader will work for you.
Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader for iPhone and Mac is TAA Compliant and is manufactured in a TAA designated country (Republic of Korea).
- TAA Compliant
- Full compliance with all major industry standards
- ISO/IEC 7816, USB CCID, PC/SC, and Microsoft WHQL
- EMV 2011 and GSA FIPS 201
Customers have reported success for these websites (and many more!)
- mypay.dfas.mil (myPay)
- https://www.defensetravel.osd.mil (Defense Travel System/DTS)
- https://jkodirect.jten.mil (JKO Learning Management)
- Office 365 (o365)
- owa.us.af.mil (webmail)
- https://www.tricare.mil (Tricare Health Care)
- https://www.dau.edu (DAU Defense Acquisition University)
- owa.us.af.mil (webmail)
- Microsoft Teams (web)
- Okta PIV
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? See our FAQ for more information.
- Smart Card Utility Desktop Reader for iPhone, and Mac: Connect your smart card reader to any iPhone, or or Mac (see OS Requirements above)
- USB-A to USB-C adapter
- USB-A to Lightning adapter
- Smart Card Utility App activation on the Apple App Store
- 1 Year Support Plan